Sightseeing

Out of the ski season, Bansko is the place where you can sightsee lots of places.

We can recommend you to see:

St. Trinity Church

St. Trinity Church is located in Bansko downtown and is one of the symbols of the resort. Being not only one of the most visited sights in the city, it is one of the biggest churches in Bulgaria. The temple complex comprises the church, the bell tower and the fencing wall, and is announced a monument of architecture.

House-museum Neofit Rilski

Near the church is situated the house of the Bulgarian renaissance writer Neofit Rilski. The house is a historical monument of the culture and it is with the national importance

The nameless city

The nameless city is interested and not too popular place. It is situated between cities of Bansko and Dobrinishte. It’s remains of an ancient city for more than 3500 years old. It’s believed that Tracians, described Omir are lived here.\

Village of Dobarsko

The most popular tourist landmark in the village is the Christian church “St. Teodor Tiron and St. Teodor Stratilat”, built in 1614. The church attracts the attention with its exceptionally valuable wall-paintings and icons, which distinguish by great mastery and by the use of untraditional motifs. The temple was declared a national monument of culture and one of the 100 national tourist sites of Bulgaria.

Rila Monastery

Rila Monastery is one of the symbols of Bulgaria and is also a popular tourist destination. The monastery lies in the recesses of Rila Mountain, between Rilska and Drushlyavitsa Rivers, at 1147 m above mean sea level. It is located about 120 km away from Sofia and 41 km away from Blagoevgrad. The total area which the holy cloister takes, together with the church, the residential, and the farming buildings, is 8800 sq m. The monastery courtyard, the Birth of the Virgin Mary Temple, Hrelyo’s Tower, the museum, the residential and the farming buildings are surrounded by 22 m-high stone walls. There are around 300 rooms in the monastery, 100 of which are monastic cells.

The monastery is open for visitors, every day from 08:00AM  until 06:00 PM